Wednesday, August 16, 2006

WikiMapia - Cool Web 2.0 Mashup

Today I discovered a very cool Web 2.0 mashup that combines Google Maps with Wiki functionality, allowing people to tag places all over the world, adding their own comments and information. I heard about them as they recently announced that the millionth place had been tagged, indicating (to me, anyway) that they are "for real".

To try them out, I tagged the two fishing camps that I visit every year: Davin Lake Lodge and Wathaman Outpost (their commercial website is at http://www.davinlake.com) . To view the tags I created, click on the boxes, and if you've visited their camps, feel free to add to my entries (anyone can edit any of the listings--the beauty of Wiki!).

I also recently added a WikiMapia entry for my company, Proxima Technology, which is about to relocate its UK headquarters to an awesome office, called the New Lodge, near Windsor.

Cool stuff!

No comments: